The Master in Manufacturing of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products provides participants with the knowledge, skills and hands-on expertise necessary to face the challenges of manufacturing ATMPs for clinical use. The student of the Master Degree will be offered a practical training stay of three weeks duration in the city of Granada (Spain).
This practical training will take place in a fully equipped GMP facility just built for training purposes in the Advanced Multifunctional Centre for Simulation and Technological Innovation, CMAT, managed by the Línea IAVANTE (Fundación Progreso y Salud) which belongs to the Regional Ministry of Health and Consumption.
This 140 m² GMP facility includes the following rooms:
• 1 Storage room designed to ensure good storage conditions and with the sufficient capacity to store, neatily arranged, the various categories of materials and products.
• 1 Culture room and Microscopes room
• 1 Quarantine room
• 1 GMP facility zone consisting of:
• 1 quality control room designed to suit all operations, avoiding mix-ups and cross- contamination.
• 2 productions rooms classified grade B
• 1 cryogenic freezing room
• An ancillary area with changing clothes rooms easily accessibly from and to the production rooms of the GMP facility zone.
All the premises are designed, adapted and maintained according to GMP guidelines to suit all operations carried out by the students. Their lay out and design aim to minimise the risk of errors and permit effective cleaning and maintenance in order to avoid cross contamination, build up of dust or dirt and any adverse effect on the quality of products. Every student will be provided by the protective garments needed to work in a GMP facility.
Find out more about this practical training in the following youtube video (click on the image):
CMAT. Línea IAVANTE (Fundación Progreso y Salud)
Parque Tecnológico Ciencias de la Salud
Avd. de la Investigación nº 21 s/n 18100 Armilla (Granada) Spain
Telephone: + 34 958 00 22 50